Many people like DIY the opening animation especially the original is bad. You can found many article on web talking about how to DIY. However, not everybody has success according. So, I just talk about some issues on it.
- The bootanimation.zip stoe in /system/media normally. You probably can found the original file here. Please make a copy before you change it.
- The compress ZIP format is not work on bootanimation. So, choice "Store only" format when you create the file.
- Someone may encounter the new create ZIP file cannot work properly. If in this case, try to modify original bootanimation by delete and add file inside. Ensure to use "Story only" format.
- File permission is doesn't care until you get problem. You can try to change it like the original file if getting problem.
- Bad bootanimation file may get black screen when you reboot the machine. So, better do the test before reboot. You can use the command "adb shell bootanimation" to test.